Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Ch ch ch changes and Conference Time



Ch ch ch changes, face the strange.
Oh man, Sister Gledhill is leaving.
A lot of changes are going to happen.
I'm staying where I am, but I'm getting a new companion? I'll soon be the one driving? (Whoever even came up with the idea for these roads to be constructed after the shape of pretzels and have them cross over each other with streets extending off of them was off their rocker.) I'm actually pretty nervous for what may happen but am having to lean on faith. Luckily President Packard devotes a lot of time to pray about what to do for each transfer--if each missionary should stay or go and where they will be assigned to, who their new companion will be, if they're training, new positions...all that jazz.
My new companion will be Sister Patterson from Springfield, Utah. I've seen her before since she came out here at the same time, but have never met her. Since President Packard tells the assigned missionaries what to send out in the transfer texts, I don't even know if Sister Patterson knows what Cystic Fibrosis is. I'm willing to work with her to help everything work well but there are the responsibilities I have to keep up with to stay healthy. I also hope I can keep everything rolling with everyone we've been meeting with--all Investigators, less actives, the members...the whole crew. It might take some time to adjust but I'm hoping for a smooth transition.
I'm going to miss Sister Gledhill. However, she will be in a great area that we've heard some good things about. She's influenced my life in many ways as I was constantly learning more about devotion, dedication, and much more.
One thing is for sure: missionary life is a crazy shindig.
Now I'm going to put that aside for now.

General Conference this last weekend? Ya? Can you say it was rock-awesome?
Watching it as a missionary with our district was a whole other deal. The spirit was strongly felt during each talk and I was amazed how every question I had was answered directly. Since I'm a quote-geek, here are a few that stood out to me:
"Look ahead and remember faith is always pointing to the future; look ahead and believe."- Edward Dube
"Be equally yoked in the Work of Salvation."- Edward Dube
"A grateful person is rich in the spirit of contentment."- Elder David A. Bednar
"God is perfect and His doctrine is pure, but he works through us, imperfect people; condemn not the things of God."- President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

"God will not allow His church to drift from its divine course or destiny."- President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"Since we are all on the Lord's team, do we each have our own game plan?!"- S. Gifford Nielson! :)       (P.s. He's going to speak at our next Zone Conference. We're ready for some great pep-talk.)
Too many from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's. It's not worth writing them down.
"Heavenly Father has made each of us unique, but he's made 1 plan of happiness--to follow all the commandments of God."- President Henry B. Eyring
"There is joy guaranteed for the faithful."- President Henry B. Eyring

"The first two great commandments remind us of our priorities...."- Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"Being in good physical condition comes at a price--dedication, perseverance, and self-discipline. The same goes for good spiritual condition." - Richard J. Maynes
"You must become the rock the river cannot wash away." - Richard J. Maynes
"This is what the gospel gives us: not an immunity to death, but a victory over it through the hope of the Atonement." - Richard J. Maynes
"Let us run with patience the race that is set before us." - Richard J. Maynes
"Shall I falter? Or shall I finish?; Those who remain of good cheer and face challenges head on keep the Gospel of Jesus Christ the center of their lives." - President Thomas S. Monson
"Don't neglect to look up." - Adrian Ochoa
"The Savior loves us so much He wants us to align our will his His." - Terrance M. Vinson
"It is personal, enticing, and inviting that we walk with the Savior's arm around us." - Terrance M. Vinson

"With your body being such a vital part in God's Eternal Plan, it is a temple. See it as a temple and your decisions for how you take care of it will affect your eternal destiny. How so? Your body is a temple as it houses your spirit"

"You were chosen in this precise time for bravery, courage, integrity of heart. Some of these attributes you may have developed in the pre-mortal life and some we can still develop." - Elder Russel M. Nelson

Anywho those were only a few but that way you can remember some of its awesomeness.

The work is picking up here, as Jose finally has a baptismal date for the beginning of November. We will also begin teaching a couple of kids of a less-active family. It's ironic how it seems to be the younger generation that is moving along quicker, but we'll see how everything plays out. I know their actions will affect their future families and generations. I'm so glad we'll be teaching more people while bringing them closer to our Savior.
I hope you all have a great week.
With love,
 Sister Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment